Thursday 22 December 2011

Wintertime in Scotland

As I was leaving Dubai on Friday the temperature was hovering around 20 degrees. A little cold by Dubai standards but quite pleasant compared to anywhere else. Landing in Glasgow eight hours later, I looked out the window and saw that the ground was covered in snow! It was then that I realised that I'd packed all my long sleeved tops in my check in luggage, a rookie mistake that won't be repeated!
Luckily, my parents were coming to collect me. I managed to convince my dad that I needed that woolly jumper more than he did and hot-footed it to the car where I requested the heating be turned up full.
Driving back towards home I soon heated up and it was then that I began to notice how nice and wintry it was! Snow on the ground, Christmas tunes on the radio, kids playing 'count the Christmas trees' on the drive home and decorations all over the houses. I do love living in Dubai but it's nice to take a few weeks out at this time of year and experience some proper winter weather!
 Now, I'm off to make some mulled winter drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment