Thursday 21 April 2011

Not a great start to the weekend!

I felt a tingle in my throat on Tuesday when I was at work, but I had an invite to the Cosmopolitan party so after taking a couple of painkillers I pushed it to the back of my mind.

On Wednesday, I woke up tired and groggy but wasn't sure if it was the sore throat, or the late evening. So off I went to work. After 8 hours teaching 5 year olds I was feeling pretty bad. I took myself home, made soup, drank some orange juice and sent myself to bed at 8pm feeling very responsible.

Thursday, 6.30.....ouch! Woke up before my alarm due to the pain in my head and the scratchiness in my throat. I got up, had some coffee and some Lemsip and got ready for school. Fast froward to 3pm and I was light headed, nauseous, sneezing, and my throat felt like it had doubled in size.

Problem was, I was due at a friend's birthday party in Al Ain at 7pm. And another friend's easter dinner on Friday. It takes an hour and a half to get to Al Ain from Dubai and there was no possible way I could manage that so....on the first night of the long Easter weekend I'm stuck at home, drinking tea, watching movies and taking painkillers. Not the best start indeed.

Inshaa'Allah I will be feeling better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment